January 29, 2017 Hours spent building to date: 3,334 I have only made two cabinet doors in my life to this point, some 20 years ago for a freestanding closet to house John’s off-season clothes, Legos, games, etc. But they turned out to be too tall for their width, and in the damp of our basement
January 20, 2017 Hours spent building to date: 3,287 With a big assist from Ray, painted the hull with three coats of Interlux Brightsides “Seattle Gray.” It wasn’t all that hard with about an hour to sand between coats with 320 grit and an hour to paint. We used a “roll and tip-roll” technique with
January 16, 2017 Hours spent building to date: 3,261 There is no decision that has taken more research or created more comments from people who have seen this boat than the choice of an engine. On one of the spectrum was designer Mark Smaalders suggesting that a 60-70 horse four-stroke would accomplish the boat’s mission just fine.
January 9, 2017 Hours spent building to date: 3,234 I’ve been slogging away at the trim varnish and it is finally done. My recipe is a modified version of the Lackey Method: 5 coats of Interlux Schooner gloss for depth, then 2 coats Interlux Goldspar Satin to create a furniture-like “rubbed effect.” First two thinned