December 31, 2016 Hours spent building to date: 3,202
Over the holidays, I thought I would take on some jobs that could be done in two-to-three hour sessions, sandwiched in between other activities:
— Obviously, wiring up the nav lights was one. Connection was easy, but I had to send for some larger raceways, since there are now two sets of nav wires, two sets of speaker wires and a light wire running across the ceiling aft of the windshield.
— Sanding trim and taping is always a fun holiday activity, so over the course of several sessions I got it done and started building up the varnish with a sealer coat.
— The drawer fronts had been sealed, but needed final varnish build-up. I want to put on the hardware and start using them for storage on board, to cut down on trips up and down the ladder.
— I bought the anchor roller over a year ago to fit the platform it attaches to up at the bow. And it’s been in the way ever since. So I got the fastenings and did a dry fit. Also dug out the 25-lb Delta anchor that will act as primary ground tackle and will always sit in the roller ready for use. I bought it for Memsahib originally, but it went into storage when I completely redid her whole anchoring system to handle the strong tides and river currents we would experience during the Loop. The 44-lb Delta I used on Memsabib never budged an inch, so I am very happy to have one for Tardis. It fits like a glove.